I really wasn’t disappointed. If you love big doses of inspiration and definitely love big success stories, and don’t mind all the girly stuff thrown in I do believe, you too, will adore this movie (and Katy Perry).
Now, this article is not really a movie review, rather it’s about lessons. About what it takes to “make it”. About steps. Dreams. And keeping your vision alive. So many lessons played throughout this movie I couldn’t help but grin with delight because 1) I love being the student; and 2) my teenage daughter was sitting right next to me and I thought if she hasn’t really “heard” the lessons I try to teach her that perhaps somehow magically she’ll learn them from Katy.
So here goes. I know, I’m showing you what a true cornball I am, but I can’t help it. So, with the spirit of Katy still in my heart, here’s what I was reminded of today:
- The WHISPER means something. Sometimes something really, really BIG!
- Being TRUE to who you are means everything. If people try to change you to fit THEIR mold, don’t allow it. You’ll lose your voice and you never want to lose your voice.
- Success, even BIG success can happen in a blink of an eye. (After years of preparing for it, of course.)
- That’s why it’s a good idea to never give up. If the whisper is still strong and leading you, don’t bail on it.
- The success is real and so is the work. LOTS of hard work may be needed but most of the time it probably won’t feel like it (if you’re doing something you love), but sometimes it will, and that’s OK.
- Once you get on the wave, it’s hard to get off, even to take care of yourself and other things you care about. And yet, from time to time, step off and go have some fun. You deserve to unplug.
- Sacrifice. It’s safe to say that sometimes our dreams do require sacrifice. And sometimes you may really not like the sacrifices you’re being asked to make. Through it all remember you do have a choice.
- Your brilliance IS YOUR brand. Let it shine!
- Never judge a book by its cover, or goofy hair or spinning peppermint bra (I’m suddenly much fonder of pink and blue hair! Will leave the spinning bra to Katy.)
- Surround yourself with LOTS of people who LOVE you, want the best for you and who you can be YOU with. Your people. This should actually be #1 on the list.
- AND…if you can see the movie sans 3D, I’d go that route.
Now, if you feel compelled to judge me for this that’s OK, because after all, baby I’m a FIREWORK, and you are too. (I just couldn’t help myself!)
Enjoy your weekend!